Tuesday, November 30, 2010

last night

So yesterday i wrote a draft of a post but decided that one can wait, this one is more on my mind.

I had a bit of an argument with someone I thought was a new friend. I was trying to tell him my story via facebook chat. (online it can be hard to tell voice tone, sarcasm, etc) But I guess I mistook some momentary amount of kindness for caring. I like to tell people my journey (hence this blog) because it helps me as a person to cope with things that have happened in my life and I feel like it makes me stronger. But he kept telling me I was wrong, that these things were little things and I should get over them. Then he proceeded to try to "one up" me and tell me the things that have happened to him are worse and that I have never felt pain.

I got angry, which I feel anyone in that situation might, but now i regret that. I didn't say anything horrible to him, I just told him I had to go cause I didn't want to say anything I'd want to take back later (go me!), which is something I wouldn't have done even a year ago, I most likely would have stayed a fight it out.

I woke up this morning to find a facebook message from him apologizing, but I will defiantly be taking it with a grain of salt.

I guess the moral of this is several things. First off Tell Your Story. I have always found it better to talk it out. If you don't feel comfortable telling everyone like i do, tell one person, tell someone you meet in an online chat, tell me! (dontforgetthelight@gmail.com), tell your closest friend. But Tell SOMEONE. Don't suffer in silence. 

Secondly, When someone tells you their story, Do NOT put them down or Tell them they don't have it that bad. Everyone experiences pain and sadness, no story is better or worse than anyone elses.  We all look at the world differently, so who are you to tell someone that their sadness is pointless.

I hope these things help someone. I hope someone reads this and feels better.

This was a wordy post, next one I'll try to get some inspirational pictures up here.


You must look into other people as well as at them.
Lord Chesterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment